It's Lent Again (and Random Thoughts)

During past Lents, I've tried to blog almost daily. That's not my goal this year, although I have laid off the ol' Facebook once more. I can't believe how visceral a reaction withdrawal is from that social media platform. It's worse than the sugar cravings gnawing at me, since I'm also giving up junk food. Everyone is probably talking about me and having fun without me.

Ah well. Moving on.

While I'm a "writer" at work, I don't always write. I manage a few stories a semester, when I'm not editing others peoples' stuff and making sure our web site works. So when I do have the chance to write, I get nervous. Like crazy nervous. What if I've lost my knack for storytelling? What if I can't find the words. WHAT IF I'LL NEVER WRITE AGAIN?

So you plod along and put words together into sentences, and organize those sentences into interesting paragraphs. You can't take Facebook or snack breaks, because you've given up both. You chart a course to the story's end and you (gasp!) Send It Out for Review. Then you wait. Maybe you pace. Maybe you sweat. You definitely worry. Then you have the moment when a respected colleague tells you it's good, and someone else says they love it, and the subject of the story only makes three minor changes.

Suddenly you feel OK again. Looks live I've still got it. (Until the next time I try to write a story, anyway.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pandemic Log: 4-7-2020

This Santa Reminds Me of a Penis I Once Knew

Pandemic Log: 3-20-20