My Unpractical Skill

A few weeks ago, my sister rescued me in a Dollar General parking lot after I blew a tire in a pothole and AAA never showed up. As I watched her loosen the lug nuts, I said "How are we even related?" She's so good at fearlessly fixing things, and has an amazing grasp on life's common sense elements. I'm not without common sense, but my takeaway from the same lesson she had from our dad about tire-changing is if you don't get the jack in the right spot, the car will fall on you and kill you. Meanwhile, she's all wielding a tire wrench thinger in the dark in her PJs, saving her little sister's ass.

As I stood there feeling inadequate, I said "I just want to let you know that yesterday I wrote a thousand words about this really amazing woman originally from technology-free Inner Mongolia who now makes flat pasta that can change its shape in water!"

She stopped lug-nut-loosening and looked at me with an eyebrow raised.

"I'M JUST SAYING I HAVE WORTH!"

Anyway, here's the pasta story. My one skill.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pandemic Log: 4-7-2020

This Santa Reminds Me of a Penis I Once Knew

Pandemic Log: 3-20-20