Pandemic Log: 4-7-2020

Status: Alive. Not as sleepy as yesterday. Wheee! Down to three rolls of TP. Should I be concerned?
Mood: Going a wee bit stir crazy.
Snacks: OK, fine. I had an oatmeal cream pie.

Readers, this daily karaoke journey is fraught with peril. I made multiple attempts to capture today's recording. On the first try, my sound didn't work. On the second, my camera fell and landed in my cleavage. On the third, I warbled too much. But still I persisted, and finally got this version of "Part of Your World" (with some ad-libbed alternate lyrics) before I pulled out my quarantine hair.

It's week four for remote work here, and it can be a real challenge. I find that I'm great at accomplishing task-based to-dos, but have a helluva time thinking about big-picture or strategy issues. I thought this would get easier over time, but it doesn't seem like it is. I'm sure I'm not the only one in this boat, but it's hard to know since I really am literally the only one in my boat, if house = boat.

Last night I watched Julia Child bone out a turkey, stuff it with pâté, boil it for two hours and cover it in congealed meat jelly. While I don't enjoy our current reality, I am glad aspic has gone the way of the dodo. Thank goodness for small miracles.




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pandemic Log and Solo Karaoke: 4-28/29-2020

#SlimmerSusieSeptember