Pandemic Log and Solo Karaoke: 4-29-2020

Status: Last night's popcorn was a bad idea. But alive!
Mood: I'm not as ugly, sad as you. (Not really. I miss all your faces unless you're my ex.)
Snacks: There's a piece of cake downstairs with my name on it.

This week's theme is apparently angst. Yesterday, I felt pretty low. Today, I actually feel much better (what is with these pandemic mood swings???). I have a sneaking suspicion that I'm going to be home for quite a while yet, and today I realized I felt better because:
  1. I got up at a reasonable time and didn't feel guilty that I rolled out of bed and into my desk chair, which means that I
  2. Ate breakfast, ergo
  3. I was hungry for lunch at a normal time, so
  4. Dinner wasn't a trial, it was necessary and I didn't mind cooking it.
Routine, apparently, is the name of the game.

So I've got two goals for May and they're to move my expanding body 30 minutes a day, employing my out-of-office message to inform colleagues I'm taking lunch and am away from keyboard. And I need to stop eating processed food at dinner. If that helps me avoid bad days like the last two, it's motivation enough. Also, my new hammock swing will be arriving soon and who can be sad reading in a hammock swing?

With all that said, I did tap into my angry late 90s/early 2000s emo self for today's solo karaoke: Eve 6, "Inside Out." Please note that it does not represent my own mindset (for example, I haven't "found nothing but faith in nothing," Mom.) Also, I have no imminent plans for being tied to a bed post. Because social distancing.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pandemic Log: 4-7-2020

This Santa Reminds Me of a Penis I Once Knew

Pandemic Log: 3-20-20