Pandemic Log: 3-18-2020

Status: Alive, Sneezy, Less Headachy, Generally More Alert Than Yesterday
Mood: What pandemic?
Today's Snacks: A reasonable portion of generic Cheez-It. I should stock up on these things.
<Prays that cheese snack crackers don't become the new TP and hand sanitizer.>

You'll recall that I decided to draw a line under yesterday and hit reset today. Shockingly, it was much more successful than the attempts I once made with my finances. I arose from slumber slightly later than I'd have liked, but logged in and started working at my normal time. The sun streamed through the window on my left. The birds chirped. I ALMOST forgot that people all over the world are dying. Honestly,  it was kind of blissful.

Basically, today I gave myself a huge emotional break. I'm super lucky to have a job I can do remotely, and I'm trying my best to keep things "business as usual." But the truth is, there's nothing usual about what's going on right now. And if my emotions are like the stock market, that's OK. It's fine to take some breaks. I went for a walk today and it was great! (Apologies to the poor stranger with a dog that I randomly babbled at.) I yelled out the window and scared the crap out of my neighbor. (Apologies to said neighbor. Now you know I'm up here and you can be prepared.) I took a picture of a flower. Isn't it pretty?

Anyway, I won't rhapsodize about having a decent day much longer, but I didn't feel as utterly alone and despondent as I did yesterday. I'm sure that will keep changing. Ooh! Fun note! I also looked at dogs online. You cannot, I don't think, order them from Amazon. (Shipping animals seems unethical?). But lots of adorable doggos need homes and this whole social distancing sitch may be the tipping point for me finally getting a furry friend. Maybe.

I also took an informal survey and most people wear socks with their slippers. I go back and forth between sockless and besocked. These are questions you should think about as the world ends.

Today's funny: The window I struggled with on Monday struck again. This time, it fell out of the frame and landed on my head after I forgot I shouldn't open it. Won't make that mistake again. Or will I?

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pandemic Log: 4-7-2020

This Santa Reminds Me of a Penis I Once Knew

Pandemic Log and Solo Karaoke: 4-28/29-2020