Pandemic Log: 3-16-2020

Status: Alive and mostly well. Convincing myself that a three-day headache is normal.
Mood: Oddly optimistic
Today's Snack: Reese's egg. I'm only human and life might be shorter than I'd hoped.

With the world crumbling around you, it can be hard to find any kind of joy in life. Oh hey, it's another day in my house alone and people are dying from a disease we PROBABLY could have helped not spread if only our inept government had paid attention to warning signs that even this writer saw ages ago. And idiots have bought all the toilet paper and disinfecting wipes because apparently no one cleaned their houses or asses before last week.

But I digress.

Anyway, today was my first "work from home for who knows how long" day. I generally have one remote day a week and I work on the couch. But staring down the barrel of an unknown quantity of such days disconcerted me a bit. How long, for example, can one wear pajamas? Days? Weeks? What's the best way to avoid accidental naps or, more likely, accidental snacks?

To help myself out, I set up a real office in my guest room and made it nice and cozy. (I even hauled my giant monitor home last week so my old-ass eyes won't go blinder trying to see my tiny laptop screen.) My goal? To separate work (upstairs) from home (downstairs) and me (upstairs) from the kitchen (you see the pattern). I also set some goals that don't relate to work but that I hope will keep me sane:

1. Wake up by 9:30 a.m.
2. COFFEE!
3. Walk or ride my exercise bike.
4. Shower.
5. Eat fruits and vegetables.
6. Get some fresh air.

These seem pretty no-brainer, but focusing on them, I think, will help me maintain my sanity. As an extrovert in the house alone, I'm starting to wonder if the coffee can talk back to me, or just how intimate a relationship I can have with my smart speaker.

Two funny things happened today that are worth sharing:

1. I realized my upstairs windows are filthy, so I tried to clean the one I'm sitting beside. It tilts in to clean so that part was easy, but I fought with the damn thing for like 30 minutes (I was SWEATING!) before I realized how it closed back up again. After all that, the window is still dirty.

2. I borrowed an office chair from a friend, promptly forgot it wasn't mine and farted a giant fart in it.

Sorry friend.




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pandemic Log: 4-7-2020

This Santa Reminds Me of a Penis I Once Knew

Pandemic Log and Solo Karaoke: 4-28/29-2020