Pandemic Log: 3-17-2020

Status: Alive, but sluggish. Slothish. Still have this effing headache, probably from the sky falling on me.
Mood:  Potato Famine Irish.
Today's Snacks: Aldi knock-off Cheez-It, some sort of addictive potato sticks, possibly a Little Debbie. The day ain't over.

Day Two was a bad day. Day One was kind of novel, like the novel coronavirus that has me locked in my house away from the world and coffee shops and other human contact. But a better novel. Sort of like oooh, this is a fun opportunity to explore my inner self, set a schedule and come out a better human on the other side. Day One Susie had a sense of adventure and optimism. She imagined returning to her office in a few weeks slightly slimmer with a bulleted list of accomplished tasks to her name.

Day Two Susie hates Day One Susie. What an perky asshole.

Anyway, reality has set in. Long lines for booze and the absence of toilet paper on shelves have made me realize that our society consists primarily of alcoholics with diarrhea. If I keep eating my feelings the way I did today, I'll emerge on the other side of corona as a quarter-ton middle-aged spinster with unwaxed eyebrows and Medusa-esque hair. Ergo, I will draw a hard line under today and start again tomorrow. This method never helped me balance a checkbook, but I have high hopes that it will improve this coronapocalypse experience.

In all seriousness, I have tons to be thankful for and I remind myself of those things often. Good friends and family to chat with, coworkers making the best of Zoom meetings and goofing around with camera angles and virtual backgrounds, a job that continues to let me work and pay me.

Today I put my hand in my coffee mug -- which was filled with hot coffee -- because I thought it was my Cheez-Its. Then I did it again five minutes later. I also farted a big fart in my borrowed chair again. But that's losing its novelty. Bottom line (pun intended): maybe don't loan me a chair.

Here is a photo of daffodils trying to triumph over the dreary day. Looks a little like Day One Susie meets Day Two Susie. But it's not an asshole.










Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pandemic Log: 4-7-2020

This Santa Reminds Me of a Penis I Once Knew

Pandemic Log and Solo Karaoke: 4-28/29-2020