Pandemic Log and Solo Karaoke: 4-20-2020

Status: I just live in this room now. But indeed, I live!
Mood: It's the end of the world as we know it and I'm sort of whatever about it at this point.
Snacks: A few cheese crackers and some chickpea chip things that were surprisingly good. I haven't made another cake because I will just start eating it for breakfast.

Everyone is doing the best they can to weather this history we're living through (and which, as my sister noted, would be better skipped and read about later). For me, the weekends are so much easier. I save my housework for them. I read. I do projects. This past weekend, I even I stood a safe distance from my sister and chatted with her as she performed the essential task of bringing me eggs from her lovely chickens. (Hello chickens!) I am super lucky to have a job, let alone one that can be done remotely. But it does get lonely. While I used to be bubbly in the sense that I was outgoing, now I'm bubbly in the sense that I'm alone in this bubble. I don't like it.

But it's not all bad! Yesterday I baked bread. Today I ate an apple on my back porch to enjoy the sunshine. I may even order takeout for dinner. What a concept!

For Mouthful Monday(TM), I present "It's the End of the World as We Know It (and I Feel Fine)," which is appropriate from both a current events and lyrical mess standpoint. Holy crap was this hard to sing! I guess Michael Stipe had to spit the words out pretty quickly. You know, to beat the apocalypse.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pandemic Log: 4-7-2020

This Santa Reminds Me of a Penis I Once Knew

Pandemic Log: 3-20-20