Jesus Christ, Superstar

Every Good Friday, I bust out my Jesus Christ Superstar CDs and have a giant, possibly blasphemous singalong to what I consider one of the finest biblical musicals ever made. (Close second, same creator: Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat.)

I think we can ALL agree that there is no better way to celebrate the tragedy and ultimate triumph of Our Lord and Savior's last week on earth than by belting lyrics like these at the top of your lungs.

"What's the buzz? Tell me what's a happenin'.
What's the buzz? Tell me what's a happenin'.
What's the buzz? Tell me what's a happenin'.
What's the buzz? Tell me what's a happenin'.
When do we ride into Jerusalem?
When do we ride into Jerusalem?
When do we ride into Jerusalem?
When do we ride into Jerusalem?"

All against the backdrop of a bitchin' 70s disco groove.

There's also my favorite song, "This Jesus Must Die," with gems like

"What then to do about Jesus of Nazareth?
Miracle, wonderman, hero, fool.
No riots. No armies. No fighting. No slogans.
One thing I'll say for him —
Jesus is cool."

"What then to do about this Jesus Mania?
How do we deal with a carpenter king?
Where do we start with a man who is bigger
Than John was when John did his baptism thing?"

It's genius. I was in such a great mood all day, mostly because I entered the building doing the Hustle to songs about Jesus. And that's something that can only happen a few select times during the year. My coworkers also received a free performance.

"She goes big or goes home," my boss said.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pandemic Log: 4-7-2020

This Santa Reminds Me of a Penis I Once Knew

Pandemic Log and Solo Karaoke: 4-28/29-2020